Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here we go

I have been meaning to do this for some time, and now here I am. 

My interests, which will become apparent to anyone who reads these posts, is in Japanese martial arts, history, culture and classical performing arts.  Also, the nature of teaching and learning traditional, movement-based forms.  I want to also consider other issues faced by those who think non-Western stuff is important, and the best ways to convey their essence to Westerners.

I also do quite a bit of traveling in Japan.  In the past I have published photo essays on a martial arts website, but lately some of my wanderings have gone off that particular theme.  That is one of the reasons for starting this blog, so I can put up some things here that don't seem to fit in other places. 

And when I'm tired of that, there will be other stuff, including reviews of performances and rants on related subjects.

There will be many posts (I think), but I will try to keep them brief (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment